Swami Chaitanyananda hails from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. He came to the Ashram in the late forties, in the service of Sri Gurudev. Swami Sivananda initiated him into Sannyasa in 1951 and he became the first in charge of the correspondence section which assumed a position of a full fledged department since the return of Sri Gurudev after the All India tour in November, 1950 because of the stir the tour had created and the consequent bulk of correspondence that the daily mail brought. He did this service for many years, until he left for Uttarakashi in 1958, for seclusion and Sadhana. At Uttarakashi he stays in the small Sivananda Ashram, built by the Headquarters at Rishikesh, and conducts classes in Vedantic Texts for the bonefit of Sadhakas.